Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Little Magic

Yesterday's Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS was Make a Little (Gamsol) Magic. One of my favorite ways to color is with my Prismacolor pencils, gamsol and a stump. I feel like I have so much more control than with watercoloring. Even though I LOVE that technique, I just recently found out (thanks, Donna!) that you shouldn't use Gamsol while pregnant or nursing. It even says it on the bottle! Boy did I feel dumb! I know I've used it while pregnant or nursing before, not even "thinking" it was a chemical. Thank goodness it isn't something I use every day or even very often. All this to say that I read you could use baby oil to get the same effect. That's what I used for this card. It actually worked very well. . .I was very surprised! I found this adorable little stamp set at Joann's. It's a Fiskar's Clear Set called Happy and You Know It. Each "face" is a separate stamp. It comes with more relatives, siblings, pets, etc. SO CUTE! I couldn't resist. So, here is my first card with it. . .very simple. I would have had to make a bigger card if it were November! :) Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Happy and You Know It (Fiskars clear stamp set); Paper- Whisper White, DCWV turquoise, Wild Asparagus pp; Ink- StazOn Jet Black; Accessories- round tab punch, ticket corner punch, horizontal slot punch, Prismacolor pencils, baby oil, stump, Making Memories brads.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great card! Very cute.

Dottie K. said...

This is just so adorable. Love the colors and that paper. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how precious, Charmaine! I will have to see if our (very poor) Joann's has this set. I hope so! I'll grab it up. :)

barb

Donna Baker said...

you're welcome (got to keep that baby boy safe) So glad to know about the baby oil & it works great by the looks of your card - it's ADORABLE!

Shannan Teubner said...

It's adorable! I love those faces, and your coloring is awesome!

Unknown said...

Sp, so cute! Love those little faces and what you've done with them.

Alex said...

What an adorable card Charmaine! Love this! November - not too much longer although those last months seem like forever, don't they? *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

I recognized that it was your family right away, lol! Four cute faces (make that three cute faces and one handsome face). Maybe in December you'll update your family picture with the newest member. :) Great coloring as usual! tfs

Dana said...

Oh my gosh, i LOVE this card! I can't believe baby oil works too, I'll have to try that.
What a fantastic stamp set, you did it justice! Noce LO, good colors and great techniques!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Your coloring looks amazing!

Kathy said...

Cute card - Have not seen this set.

Alhambra Club said...

what a great card, love the tie, this card is so cool

Unknown said...

Well you can consider youself a PSA today! :) (public service announcement, you know?) I never even thought about that either!!! Ok, so I don't use it that much, but it's good to know. And baby oil?? Really?? It looks amazing Charmaine!

Deborah said...

This is precious! Just love the stamp you found at Joann's! Deb

Jules said...

When I grow up I want to color like you! GREAT JOB! :) Julie

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely adorable!! Your colouring is awesome!

Diane Gilbert said...

This is just too cute! Baby oil, I might need to try that one out (no I'm not expecting, just curious - LOL!)

Nancy Riley said...

Adorable, Charmaine! I love how you looped the ribbon throught the Horizontal Slit Punch!

Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable, and you did a wonderful job using the baby oil to blend. Super cute card!!

Anonymous said...

OH girlie this card is sooo awesome .. Love it .. I so love the tie on the dad how cute is that ...
xoox
Dawn

Libby Hickson said...

This is so cute! But now I'm freaking out a little. I LOVE this technique and use it somewhat often - and I'm 20wks pregnant. Yikes!! Duh, I didn't read my bottle, how dumb. Since it's odorless it didn't occur to me. I have given up my habit of purposely sniffing my black stazon (mmm... almonds!). LOL. I'm making jokes but I really am worried now. Thanks for passing along this info!

Lisa C. said...

can you give me more info on where you found this set? I am looking around online and can not find it anywhere. I would love to get this set. Thanks so much!

Bethany Paull said...

How cute! Love how you shaded around the people and tied on the ribbon.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is adorable. Love all those smiling faces.

Heather said...

Adorable card! If you hadn't told us I would have thought you had that special stamp made for your family!

Gail Binette said...

Yes, I must agree, it's one of the cutest sets ever. I bought one early this summer and put it away. Thanks for reminding me to use it. Great design!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a cute set! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! Your work is so good, TFS.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails