Sunday, September 9, 2007

FS31: Maddy Mason

Today's Featured Stamper on SCS is Maddy Mason. She has a wonderful gallery. If you have never visited, click on the link and you'll see some beautiful creations. What's even more special about this Featured Stamper Challenge, is that Maddy is undergoing treatment for Breast Cancer and if you want to send the card that you CASE to Maddy, Beth (MyPrecious) is making that possible. What a special thing to do! I chose to CASE this card of Maddy's. Mine isn't quite as "artistic", but I kept the layout and changed stamps and colors. Maddy's card is a true work of art. It looks like a painting. . .just beautiful! Go check out Maddy's gallery and make her a card if you feel so inclined! I'm sure it will make her day!

As you all know, I attended the Louisville Regionals yesterday. We had a lot of fun and learned some neat things! Once I get all my pics/info organized, I'll share some stuff with you! On our way to Louisville (which is a 6 1/2 -7 hour drive for me) we stopped at an Archiver's. Oh my goodness! I have NEVER been to an Archiver's before and I now envy all of you lucky people who I've seen post that you "went to Archiver's today". Oh to have that store in Pittsburgh! I had to stop myself from buying EVERYTHING that I wanted, but I could not pass this up! They had the Stampendous, Changito the Monkey Clear Stamp set! Can you believe it!!??? I didn't even know it existed. So, of course, I HAD to use it today for the challenge! I LOVE that this set has a vine stamp and a rope stamp, not to mention leaves, ferns, sentiments, 2 monkeys and monkey accessories! So, don't be surprised if you see more cards soon with this set! Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Changito the Monkey (Stampendous); Paper- DCWV chocolate, green, Whisper White; Ink- Basic Black, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip; Accessories- oval Coluzzle template, paper piercer, May Arts ribbon, small and large oval punches, blender pen, sponge.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really precious and so kind, Charmaine. Such a darling card.

barb

Alex said...

That is a wonderful card for Maddy Charmaine! I too will be making one and sending it on its way. Your monkey card is precious - what a great set. I have never been in an Archivers either but now I know I need to - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Donna Baker said...

this is so cute! I'd like to know if Austin has one of those stores! I heard they did, but I just did a search online and couldn't find it! I'd love to see the set you got at regionals & your m&t's if you plan to post them!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Charmaine, your card looks amazing! I LOVE it!
I haven't been to an Archiver yet. It sounds dangerous. They don't have one around here, and they don't have one in San Antonio.
I guess that's good for my wallet. LOL

Anonymous said...

This card is soooo cute! The way you've colored that little monkey he just comes alive and makes you smile. tfs

Jami Speidel said...

This is too cute! I was at Archivers in Omaha (2hrs away) last weekend and almost got this set. Now I'm wishing I would have!!! TFS!

Pam Speidel said...

Oh my goodness Charmaine! You have been BUSY creating some FABULOUS cards! They are ALL just OUTSTANDING!!!

Jules said...

Oh Charmaine...welcome to the black hole that will suck you in called Archivers! I think I could spend an entire day in there. In Indiana I'm lucky to have one in Fort Wayne and Indianapolis! I just visited one this weekend while at the scrapbook convention. Your card looks cute!

Michele Kovack said...

Love this monkey...what a cute card!

Tandra said...

Oh wow!! That card is amazing and adorable!! I love Changito!

I dont htink we have an Archivers in So Cal. Bummer I hear good stuff about them!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love that this is fun and caring at the same time...cute layout... :)

MJ said...

That is adorable. She does create beautiful cards. I do not go to SCS too often -- only on the 15th for my dirty fix -- so thanks for the reminder about her status. I need to get a card to her.

Bethany Paull said...

OMG! You DROVE to Louisville. That's dedication. Great card! Love all of the yellow shading around your vines.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that someone else has this set! I thought I was the only one. I couldn't find the individual monkeys in my area, so when I came upon this set, it was a must have! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails