Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hi Girl!

This was for yesterday's Sketch Challenge on SCS. I haven't been able to use my Beautiful Blooms set from Papertrey Ink since I got it. I thought I would give it a try with this challenge. These colors are very different for me, but I wanted to try something "fresh, crisp and clean" looking. I usually use my VersaMagic Dewdrop pads with clear stamps, so I went for the Fruit Cocktail set and used Pink Grapefruit, Persimmon and Key Lime. I used Tea Leaves (from a different VersaMagic set) for the darker outlined leaves. I do think this turned out looking like a yummy fruit salad, don't you? :) Thanks for stopping by! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink); Paper- Papertrey White cardstock, DCWV green, melon; Ink- VersaMagic in Pink Grapefruit, Persimmon, Key Lime and Tea Leaves; Accessories- paper piercer, small and large oval punches, scallop circle punch, Cuttlebug Flowers die, ribbon from Michael's $1 bin, flower brads from Oriental Trading.

28 comments:

Mandey Koehler said...

Wow, I just looked at your blog 5 minutes ago, and this card wasn't on it. I really like it! It turned out really pretty. It does kind of make me want a fruit salad.

Renee said...

What a pretty card! I love it :) It's nice and girlie!

Kelley said...

"Crisp" is the perfect word to describe this card. Great card!

Unknown said...

Love your card....and those colors are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on your card..great card!

Anonymous said...

Your card looks wonderful! I love how you can make stamped cardstock, that looks like Designer paper with these stamps.

Have fun this weekend! How are those swaps coming along? LOL

Hugs and grins

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors - beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Charmaine I LOVE this - send it to Nicole! It's soooo pretty!!

Donna Baker said...

it's great, Charmaine!

Diane Gilbert said...

Charmaine, this is so pretty. The colors are awesome together, I love the crisp look!

Christi Flores said...

Love the colors! Fresh and fun!! You did a great job. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You achieved your goal, Charmaine. Cool, crisp, and clean. Just refreshing....

thanks for sharing,
barb

Anonymous said...

Looks great! You definately achieved that crisp look.

Nancy Riley said...

Great colors, and that ribbon is awesome!

Alhambra Club said...

Beautiful, love everything about it.

Deborah said...

How fresh and delightful! Deb

Jenn in GA said...

the first word that came to mind when your card appeared was "fresh". it's lovely and has so much detail to keep the recipient interested. pink grapefruit is refreshing, with some zing, and that's what this card is too!

how was savannah's first day of preschool?

Jean said...

So cute! I love orange. Keep it up!

Kristine said...

OH MY GOSH...this DOES look so crisp clean and yummy like a fruit salad. REALLY NICE!! LOVE it very much. ;)

Anonymous said...

great choice in colours! and your girls are way too cute!

Alex said...

this is a bright, cheery card which I love! The colors are so vibrant - awesome card Charmaine! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Shannan Teubner said...

You rock! I love the fresh colors and those cutie patootie little brads in the corner!

Jill said...

So fresh and pretty! I love the colors and the piercing you did.

Bethany Paull said...

This is really pretty. The background is so soft and colorful. I meant to tell you, congrats on you SCS tutorial! How awesome!

Rose Ann said...

You've done a beautiful job with this new PT set! I love your colors and everything you've done with this!

Anonymous said...

This is so refreshing and I love your color choices. TFS.

Robin said...

I love this card and especially like the colors you used. Great job!

Jami Speidel said...

OMG!!! I can't express how much I love this card!!! The colors are amazing!!! Love it! Love it! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails