Friday, September 28, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge: File Folder

This is for Beate's newest Weekend Sketch Challenge. It was to make a file folder card. Believe it or not, I have never made one of these before! I have the Coluzzle File Folder template, but have only ever used it for a file folder scrapbook I made a while ago. It worked perfectly for this challenge. I decided to make a baby announcement since I'll be needed one of those VERY soon! :) I thought the Wild About You stamp set went well with this patterned paper from the DCWV Nana's KIDS Stack. I punched the elephant out with a Jumbo circle punch and attached just the top of it with dimensionals to the inside card so that the elephant would show on the outside and sit in the curve of the file folder.
It also holds the inside card nicely in place until it's pulled out. The inside card is where all the "stats" will go along with a little picture of our newest addition. I'm very excited to see what Beate, Jenn, Laurie, Lori and Sharon have created! Beate also created a tutorial for these! Let's go check out their blogs! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Wild About You, So Many Sayings, Bundle of Joy; Ink- Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black; Paper- Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Close To Cocoa, DCWV chocolate, Nana's KIDS Stack; Accessories- Jumbo circle punch, Coluzzle File Folder template, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches, Making Memories brads, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon, slit punch, Chocolate Chip marker.




26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, this is sooo cute! I LOVE that overhanging elephant!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable. WOW... the recipients of this will be thrilled!

Anonymous said...

Hey...this is just stinking cute! It's absolutely adorable!! I love Wild About You!

Sharon Harnist said...

Too funny, Charmaine -- we both used elephants for baby cards! Love your idea to use the Coluzzle File Folder template -- I have that but it didn't occur to me (slapping head)! Love the elephant circle tab hanging over -- what a great announcement this will make!

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, this is adorable!! I love how the elephant stays on the outside even when the insert in in the File Folder part! So clever! How exciting for you and your family to be meeting your little one so soon!! Yay!!! Congratulations!

Alhambra Club said...

This is great, LOL, I have the file folder template and that is exactly what I thought to use.

Debi said...

Hi Charmaine,
As always, one of my most favorite stampers. I am totally in love with this card and would love to have a tutorial on it (your's specifically)

I have a 19 yr old daughter (my baby) and she is 9 weeks pregnant (with her 1st baby) YEAH....

I would love to use your design for her shower if you would not mind and everyone will know where it came from :))

Warmly,
Debi

Julie S. said...

Love the way you "softened" the hard-edged look of a file card to make it fit a baby... with all the "office" stuff around, yours is thinking outside the box. Likin' that!

Dawn Wheeler said...

what a super cute card ,Dawnx

Unknown said...

I've been searching for a cute birth announcement to make for my sister to send out for my new little niece. She was determined to send a picture with it...I love this layout and I think I am going to have to steal it! :)

Laura said...

Absolutely adorable!! Great job!! and congrats on your future addition!

Daniela Dobson said...

How adorable is this!!! That stamp goes perfectly with that paper and I have a ton of it!!! Awesome idea for announcement. I should probably get going on those myself. I have cute little animal stamps coming in the mail soon.
I love it!

Diane Gilbert said...

Charmaine, this is soooo cute! I will have to try one of these, thanks for the inspiration!

My Paper World said...

So cute, love the stamp and the paper, they look great!

Deborah said...

Wonderful card Charmaine! I also have this adorable paper, it is just so darn cute! You did a great job on this folder card. Deb

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Love the paper and how you did the elephant on top. Great job and too cute as a baby announcement.

Sherrie said...

this is so sweet Charmaine! Just love that DP and it looks so great with your SU elephant. Those file folders look fun, maybe I've got to get that coluzzle template!

Unknown said...

Charmaine this adorable!! Love that Wild about you set and you'r card is just great!!

Shannan Teubner said...

SHUT UP!!!!! That's adorable!

Melissa said...

So very sweet! When are you due?

Anonymous said...

Oh this is drop dead gorgeous! I love the colors you're using in all you cards/creations.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!

Alex said...

OMG Charmaine - this is soooo DANG CUTE!!! I adore this, the elephans are stinkin' cute, nah the whole thing is!! I did get a chuckle out of the fact that both you and Sharon did an elephant baby card - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

What a super idea to make your file folder card into a baby announcement! Perfect!!

Sara said...

Love your creativity on this one, it is just so cute and perfect for the Baby's arrival announcement! Just too cute!

Bethany Paull said...

Charmaine, it's so adorable. I love this style card for an announcement. How cute that you left a place for a photo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails