Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Groovy Artichokes

This was for yesterday's Color Challenge on SCS, Groovy Artichokes, to use Groovy Guava and Always Artichoke. I really like this color combo! I added some Sahara Sand in there for contrast. The layout came from Julee at Poetic Artistry and her Who's Got Mojo Monday. I got out my Sweet Shapes set because I hadn't used it in a while. When I first got it, a couple of years ago at a Regional Seminar, I used it ALL THE TIME. Then, once newer sets came out, Sweet Shapes got put on the shelf. I forgot how much I love this set!

Speaking of Regional Seminars, I am leaving for the Louisville, KY Regional Seminar on Friday. I'll be going to the Saturday session. I wasn't able to make a regional last year, so I'm excited to be able to go this year. I'm kind of stressing because I haven't even thought of, or made, any swaps! Yikes! I'm going to try to do that today! :) Well, thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Sweet Shapes; Paper- Groovy Guava, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Whisper White; Ink- Groovy Guava, Always Artichoke; Accessories- dark green grosgrain, paper piercer, Always Artichoke marker, Making Memories brads.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Charmaine!
Look for my downline Elizabeth. She is loads of fun. She is going to the Saturday session as well!

Tina said...

Oh so beautiful!

Tina

Rose Ann said...

What a beautiful combination of the challenges! I love your card!

Unknown said...

You did a great job with this sketch - it's so pretty!! Nice job Charmaine!

Alhambra Club said...

So pretty, love how you did the shadow stamping on the card.

Deborah said...

This is a terrific looking card! The combo is super! Deb

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Have fun!!!

Kristine Reynolds said...

I love this. Love the faux stitching and how you combined challenges. Great card!

Stamp With Linz said...

So cute! Isn't that a great color combo? I love the butterflies!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the color combo and the layout. I did not buy this set and now I wish I had.
It is ALWAYS amazing to me what a creative person can do with a set that will make you have to have it!
TFS.

I've been behind on my blog reading and have not had time to leave comments; however, I've seen you posts and everything you do is so delightful and wonderful. A true feast for the eyes and heart!!

Alex said...

Very very pretty card Charmaine - I love the soft look! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kelley said...

Love the detail on the card!

Heather said...

Very pretty card! I just love those color challenges on SCS- I get such great ideas- colors I would never normally put together!

Have fun on Saturday!

Michele Kovack said...

Gorgeous!

Christi Flores said...

What a beautiful card! You did a great job with the sketch. :)

Kristine said...

GORGEOUS card Charmaine!! Love those colors. I've been doing too much green and orange lately, so I think I'll skip this color challenge, Lol. But it IS just beautiful...especially what YOU did with them here. Love the butterflies.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is adorable! Love all the different shapes and shadows.

Unknown said...

Charmaine! I just LOVE this. I'm reposting my Groovy Artichokes card today. I couldn't help but fool with it, because I wasn't groovin' (pardon the pun) my first version. I'm so envious of everyone attending regionals. I went last year and loved it, and schedule wise, it doesn't work for me this year. I'm dying for the spring schedule to come out, so I can see if there's any chance of attending another one.... Can't wait to see your swaps!

Mandey Koehler said...

I really like the colors together. Makes me want to get home and stamp some too! Have fun Saturday.

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome! Just love those colors!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! I love all the layering and the colors came out really nice!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous card! I love your colors, your layout, your set choice--everything!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails