Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bye Bye Summer

No, I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer, but that was the Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS yesterday, Bye Bye Summer. . .to make a gel card. I haven't made a gel card in ages, so it was fun to try one out again. This card was really quick too, which was nice. I seem to have less and less time to stamp lately and I don't know why. Maybe because I need to get some other projects done too, so I'm trying to fit everything into the time I DO have. Savannah's 4th birthday is Sunday, but they're celebrating it in preschool on Thursday. I wanted to make some "favors" to send in with her and I haven't even started. Today is the day I hope to do that. Thanks for stopping by today and have a GREAT day! SUPPLIES USED: Stamps- Whale Wishes, Spotted Jumbo wheel; Paper- Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White; Ink- Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi; Accessories- black marker, Night of Navy marker, Making Memories brads, Word Window punch, double stitched ribbon in Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou, Oval Coluzzle, paper piercer.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charmaine, this looks wonderful! Your gel card is too cute! And of course I don't have that wheel yet!
Have a great day. Hugs and smiles

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, I have to try one of these gel cards.

Diane Gilbert said...

Charmaine this is great! I haven't done a gel card before, might have to try it! Tooo cute!

Heather said...

Very striking card! I like the colors and the oval.

Tina said...

Great card. Gotta try this!

Tina

Sherrie said...

Ahhhh, What a cute gel card! Love what you do with this set!

Jenn in GA said...

Charmaine, you're more productive most days than I am most weeks! delightful card, as always. would love to see the favors you send with Savannah! hope she's doing well in school...

Christi Flores said...

This is so cute! I love the colors. I've never done a gel card myself but I just might have to try it now. Great job!! :)

CreativeMish said...

Love your card! That is a new technique I'm going to have to try

Michele Kovack said...

This is the cutest card! I am glad to hear that life gets in your way stamping too...I feel like I am the only one!

Jules said...

Charmaine - what a cute card. Good luck getting all your stuff done. Somedays I wish there were just a couple of extra hours! :) Julie

Rose Ann said...

This is the cutest gel card, Charmaine!! I love it!

Kylie Swain said...

Wow, I've never heard of a gel card and yours looks great.
You guys sound like you have at least had a summer in the USA, but here in the UK, it has been a very poor summer. In the 8 years I have been living here, this is the worst summer. I know Charmaine, you don't want to say 'goodbye' but I would really like to say 'hello' to summer - I might get that in Australia for our holiday on Monday!!
Take care, K.

Crafty in Calgary said...

This is so cute- love it!!

Jill said...

Absolutely adorable. I want to try a gel card but I haven't had a chance yet (plus we are out of hair gel so I need to do a little shopping) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails